Sunday, March 18, 2012

Boards number 2!

So I took the other clinical portion of my boards on Saturday morning.  I shouldn't complain, because I had a Saturday and not a Sunday... but mornings are really hard for me.  I had a great patient who qualified and was so good to show up.
This is how it went... I was the last person to sign up to see if he qualifies.  He was only back there for 5 minutes, and he was back again... with the first submission.  5 other girls were still waiting for their patients to come back.  Cleaning him was easy.  That sounds really weird, but all this semester, I only cleaned class 3 and class 4 patients.  His calculus came off with no effort to put into it.  How did I get so blessed.  I only spend 45 minutes cleaning him.  However, probing took a half an hour.  He was bleeding like crazy!  If I couldn't see the probing depths, neither could the examiners.  I took him back after an hour and 15 minutes.  I explored and explored, but I couldn't feel a thing.  I hope I passed!
Lessons learned... I ultrasonic twice... and its worth it... it helps disrupt the bacteria!

No comments:

Post a Comment