Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Class 2

I scaled another class 2 today.  It was harder than the class 2 I saw last week.  I was very discouraged.  My pt teeth were malpositioned, which made it hard to go interproximately.  He also had more areas of subgingival calculus, so I brought out the graceys.  It was so annoying to scale a tooth, and explore to feel a bump still there.  That was the discouraging part.  I was able to scale all his teeth in one appt, but the scale check showed al least 10 spots missed.  I was out of time to scale the missed spots, so I rescheduled him for another appt.  I don't reccommend to start off your semester to scale class 2 and have no experience previous w/ 1bs.  My goal is to have sufficient lateral pressure and the perfect instrument to scale my pt.  My posture is really bad, but it has been like that way for a long time.  It is about time to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment