Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Last quad of class 3

I brought my patient back who had high blood pressure.  I saw her 3 weeks ago, and her blood pressure was 170/100.  That is scary.  She has never seen a doctor or taken blood thinners before.  I referred her to a physician.  The amazing part is that she went, and she is now taking care of her health.  I got a physician's consult.  I brought her back again.  I was scared to see what her blood pressure was, but it was better.  It was 144/79.  That was much better.  She was excited about the results. I only cleaned half her mouth, and I left the other half for my peer pal.  I discussed OHI with her.  She has a hard time flossing, but she got so excited when I demonstrated the interprox brush and the soft picks.  It is these days that makes me feel like a good hygienist.

No comments:

Post a Comment