Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another class 4

I am really sick of seeing class 4 patients.  This is the 5th class 4 patient I had to encounter this year.  At this point, nobody wanted him, so I had the opportunity to clean another class 4.  I was only able to get one quad done, since x-rays and OD took awhile. 
I am so thankful to have a translator in the clinic.  I spent 15 minutes discussing on OHI and describing periodontitis.  It is amazing how patients are in tune and are asking questions about their mouth.  It shows that they care and want to improve.  It made me think... I'm from mesa, az.  A lot of people are hispanic, and I am one of the few people who knows spanish.  I had the opportunity to take spanish classes, but I decided to take chinese instead.  Many of the hygienist I shadowed spoke spanish and english.  It is going to be hard to describe OHI with a spanish speaker when I go back home.  Those were just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment