Thursday, March 22, 2012

VA on thursday

I had VA on wed all year, but a girl switched me.  What can I say... I love professor Mcconaughy!  I learned so much on perio and clinical attachment.  I was great to have a good perspective.
I saw a cute 90 year old man who only had 8 teeth on the man.  He only brushes once a day though.  When he opened his mouth, his teeth was completely covered with lunch... yikes.  I discussed about OHI before starting.  He was so stubborn that he wouldn't increase his brushing habbits to 2 times a day.  So, I told him to rinse thoroughly with water then.  I also discussed this with his daughter who takes care of him. 
Also, I never had a patient with high blood pressure.  He had 194/99... during his procedure.  Boy oh boy,  I stopped in the middle.  I had the doctor come over.  During his time with the doctor, his blood pressure went back below 180.  The doctor gave me permission to clean the rest of his teeth while continuing to monitor his blood pressure.  It was a scary feeling, but I'm so thankful to be in a hospital setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment