Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lab Day!

It was a BUSY morning.  I had one class 5 pt and one class 2 pt.  Both of them needed LA, and one of them needed nitrous.  I was able to complete them in that morning, which is amazing.  You have to realize that nitrous and LA takes some time out of your schedule.  On top of that, I was able to pass of 4 pe's. On top of that, Sam and Brook did an amazing job of passing off their LA pe's off with my pt.  It is common to get nervous in giving an injection.  My hands shake until I poke my pt with the needle, just saying it in a nice way.  I can tell you this, the more you practice, the better you get.  Also, you get pretty excited to give injections after giving several of them.  It highlights your day.  Just remember to be confident and don't show that your nervous or mutter underneath your breath.  Your pts will notice, and they will get nervous too.   I was amazed of what I did that morning.  My pt were so nice and compliant to the oral hygiene instruction I gave them.  Lab was interesting.  I was the paralyzed pt, and boy was I good acting lifeless.  It is amazing how much you forget over the semester, even though some of it is repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment