Wednesday, November 16, 2011

LAST VA

I had a pretty interesting morning.  Prof Bossenberger sub for Dixon today.  If you know instr. Dixon, she is known of giving only class 1B and 5.  My pt would have been in the class 1B, but Prof. Bossenberger gave me a class 2 instead.  No wonder why I'm struggling with getting class 3 requirements!  I also got a chance to have a 4 week evaluation of a class 3 pt.  She never had a cleaning for a long, long time.  Her probing depths were in the 5-7mm range, and her x-rays showed good horizontal bone loss with clicks on every tooth.  She got her whole mouth cleaned with arestin in a few appts, and I got to evaluate her 4 weeks after her last cleaning.  Her gingiva showed major improvement, but there was some areas of papillary and marginal redness by the molars.  I got to reprobe her and saw a general improvement.  There were a couple of spots that had some calculus right where the redness showed, so I cleaned up those areas. I also put arestin in those areas as well.  It is amazing how important that an re-evaluation is for the patient. It is an opportunity to see how good the pt OH is, and it is a way to educate the pt as well.  It is a great feeling that this pt is taking so much care of her teeth now, then compared a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment