Thursday, January 26, 2012

Big Helper!

I'm a lucky girl.  My morning patient was a who had pocket between 5 and 10, mostly  7 and 8 mm with mobility on 8 teeth and furcations on all molars.  I switched pt's with Tanya since I already seen a class 4 pt.  I was so happy that she could do LA as well.  My afternoon pt was a class 3 and needed LA.  I let Karlie do the LA on that pt.  Hopefully all this good karma will come around at boards.  I got to pass of the oraqix pe too.
I went over the OHI with the class 4 pt before handing him off to tanya.  He knew little english, but his wife was there to translate.  He never had a cleaning before, so I explained the 2 month recall, his perio disease, and ways to improve his OHI.  It's great to have his wife there, so he has no excuse to improve on his oral hygiene.  They were great listeners, and they were eager to get started.  I love how much influence I have in dental hygiene.  It's a good feeling.

1 comment: