Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hitting it with a BANG!

I can hardly believe its January.  Since I only carried 7 quads of class 3 and 4 last semester, I desperately need 29 quads of class 3 and 4.  It creates a lot of stress.  Fortunately, I had 2 midtown patients from Clearfield who sat in my chair. Surprisingly, my morning patient was a class 4, and my afternoon patient was a class 3.  I took every minute in clinic to get half their mouth cleaned.  On top of that, I did LA, and I am done with the LA requirement.
My morning patient had a tongue piercing and chews tobacco.  On top of that, he never had his teeth cleaned before and has poor OH.  You can see the effects on his mandibular anterior teeth and tissues from years of chewing and that piercing.  His dentist wanted his mand ant teeth cleaned, so he can extract them.  I was able to educate him of pre-canerous tissue if he continues to chew tobacco, and I showed him the leukoplakia areas of concern to him. He says he going to quit, since he won't have mand ant teeth to chew.  I hope that is true.  I also talked about the effects of tongue piercing and the teeth.  So in future reference, I had a patient who needs extractions because he got his tongue pierced and played with it on his mand ant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment