Friday, January 20, 2012

VA 2

Both my patient had major recession.  I did a follow-up with an aggressive periodontitis pt, and I only got 2 quads done.  He only counted as a class 3, but I already have a class 4 pt.  It was my first pt with a bad stench... he smokes a cigar a day.  If you haven't smelled cigar smoke before, its worse than the cigarettes.  Does he want to quit.... no but I did tell him about the affects of cigar smoke and the oral health, which is not good.  He also needed LA, which I don't need, so I allowed Tori to do the injections.  I know Prof Hansen did not want us to do the lingual anesthesia, but she made Tori do it.
Another note, this patient was seen only by SLCC students.  When I took my instrument, I went all the way into the pocket.  He was surprised.  The SLCC people did not do that.  He had a SLCC girl do him as her first pt ever.  Poor girl, but it shows how WSU students are better when it comes to instrumentation and everything else.  I'm very grateful that I attend WSU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment